The following focal points are set at e-World-2020:
• Integration of DT.Energy Optimization with autoTrader (Trayport Visotech) based on Rest-API
• Highly efficient data exchange based on REST web serrvices
power plant schedules
• The optimization delivers maximum available flexibilities and marginal prices per power plant to the autoTrader
• The optimization takes into account all technical and contractual restrictions, heat restrictions, fuel-prices, efficiencies, start-ramps etc.
• autoTrader sells the still available flexibilities and considers the marginal costs per power- plant calculated by the optimization
• Detailed modelling of generation and consumption portfolios of energy-intensive production processes
• Integrated optimization of energy purchase, own generation and energy marketing of the production process
• Optimization of all the relevant commodities, commodity flows and commodity conversions of the production process (e.g. fuels, ashes, waste products of production, raw materials of production etc.)
• Modelling and optimization of e.g.
Water supply systems, sewage water systems
In 2019, we were able once again to expand the circle of our users of hydropower, especially the stochastic hydropower optimization. In addition to Salzburg AG, Tiroler Wasserkraft AG, we were now able to welcome the Elektrizitätswerk Zürich (ewz) to the family of DT.Energy users.
• Detailed modelling of complex hydropower systems, in particular the dependencies of output, head and flow rates
• Integrated optimization in different markets (day ahead, control energy, intraday)
• Stochastic optimization for the determination of water values and input prices under consideration of future uncertainties (day-ahead prices, inflows, reserve energy prices and calls, retail load)
As a result of the changes in the supply of natural gas to Europe, spread volatility on the gas markets has developed positively again since 2018. At the same time, the uncertainty of future price developments has increased significantly, which asks for the favour of using stochastic models for the valuation and management of gas storage facilities and contracts.
In close cooperation with ExxonMobil, Decision Trees has further developed the scenario tree-based stochastic optimization for the management of gas storage facilities and contracts and integrated it into the highly efficient DT.Energy system.
• Integrated scenario generation of spot and market prices in the future on European gas markets
• Modelling of complex gas storage, gas contract and LNG portfolios
• Modelling of different market areas and transmission capacities
• Intrinsic and extrinsic valuation of complex natural gas portfolios with regard to spot and forward markets
• Ex-post analyses of the added value of stochastic optimization compared to rolling intrinsic
• Decision support in the management of open positions in gas storage and gas contract portfolios
• References in the daily application of stochastic optimization in Asset-Backed Trading of gas storage facilities