Our stochastic optimization system for the valuation and dispatch planning of thermal generation portfolios is continuously developed in cooperation with users. Therefore, we know your problems and have a targeted and comprehensive solution for you: This integrates the adequate modeling of future uncertainties with the modeling of all technical, contractual and market-specific features of thermal power plants, fuel storages, supply contracts and energy markets.
- Optimization of the day-ahead dispatch planning
- Integrated modeling of fuel supply contracts, gas storage facilities, coal storage facilities, fuel markets, emission certificate markets
- Optimization of Ancillary Services offers. For more details, see Ancillary Services
- Special focus on short computing times
- Integrated optimization of the upstream fuel supply chain
Your benefits with stochastic optimization
The real option value of power plants without time integral fuel restrictions and without restrictions on start-ups / shut-downs per year can also be determined using Monte Carlo simulation. Whereas optimization models based on scenario trees must be applied to generation capacities which are subject to such restrictions.
- Determination of shadow prices for your limited ressources with time-integral restrictions, e.g. power plant start-ups, fuel take-or-pay quantities, storage restrictions, ...
- Longterm forward trading optimization of your portfolio with CVar risk-adjustment
- Determination of profit&loss distributions, Value-at-Risk, and other risk indicators
- Integration of power plant outages and failure rates
- Delta Hedging of thermal power plants. For more details, see Delta Heding
You will find more information in our brochure.